We are déVakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen B.V.),the leading online travel agency in The Netherlands. We offer our customers a more accessible and more comfortable way to book their holiday on https://www.vakantiediscounter.nl. Our technology platform is one of our drivers for success, and we are looking for senior engineers to help us realise our future growth plans and ambition.
The perfect candidate
Our plans for international expansion necessitate several high-impact changes to the travel technology platform. If you love to work with cutting-edge technology on our large, high-traffic website, iteratively, continuously going to production, then you might be our perfect candidate.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Web Engineer, you will join one of our cross-functional feature teams. Here you will be working towards bi-weekly sprint goals alongside your teammates; full-stack developers, tester, and product owner.
Your focus area will be the front-end, creating great user experiences for our customers in the browser. You are a TypeScript expert and the Web, e.g., web APIs, Core Web Vitals, PWA, AMP, and other doesn’t hold any secrets for you. You will be guiding the team on best practices and solid solutions for handling front-end challenges. Besides that, learning to so some Scala coding is not an issue.
As a company and team, we continuously improve ourselves, reduce wasteful activities, and become more effective. You will participate in this effort with feedback and a vision. We are a flat transparent organization, and your opinions matter to us.
You will need to be a strong learner. We use an up-to-date modern technology stack running on GCP, consisting of TypeScript, React.js, and Next.js, while migrating away from Clojure/ClojureScript. The internal API layer uses Scala with ZIO. To accelerate innovation and creativity, we spend 10% of our time on novel ideas during the exploration days.
Your skills and qualifications
- You are a Web Engineer with 6+ years of experience.
- You are a TypeScript expert with solid React.js experience.
- HTML, CSS, and related web technologies are fine.
- You have substantial experience working in an Agile environment.
- You worked on a high-traffic, consumer website in the past.
We consider it a plus if you have experience with:?
- You have experience with DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and are passionate about test automation.
- Kubernetes, Docker, container-based deployments.
- Open Source, because we try to contribute back to the ecosystem.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package.
- A fast-growing and flat organization with the possibility of flexible working hours and benefits in terms of health, pension, and fun initiatives, team buildings, and events.
- The opportunity to develop through courses, conferences, and events.
- 30 paid holidays.
- Discount on your holiday trips.
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling).