This position is full time remote for NC residents.
NDSL Cellwatch, makers of the Cellwatch battery management system are recruiting a senior software developer to help us quickly build out a web based product to give our customers better insight into the health of their critical systems.
About the role: You’ll be joining a small software team that consists of front and backend engineers – from the low level data acquisition through to the web front end.
We presently work with a variety technologies. We support an existing ExtJS / NodeJS combination in addition to an Angular / Go configuration. As in many small companies, we support legacy products but manage the backlog and interruptions to mitigate interrupts.
As a senior developer, we’re looking for demonstrated execution in the following areas:
- Ability to design and express complex software architectures
- Relational database design including integrity, security, replication and failover
- Knowledge of design patterns (why they’re important, when to use them)
- You’ve built and shipped working products
- The desire to lead and mentor others less experienced on the team
Experience in the following frameworks are highly desired:
- NodeJS powered web applications (we use TypeScript)
- Angular / React / or other structured frameworks (jQuery doesn’t count)
- Compiled language experience is a plus
The following will score bonus points:
- Compiled language experience
- Good working knowledge of Linux sub-systems, bash scripts, etc.
- Cloud deployment (via Heroku, AWS, GAE, etc.)
- Containerization and management experience
We understand it takes many working styles and skillsets to build a world class team. We also want to build a strong working culture where it is safe to give and receive feedback and ideas.
Education: A technical degree is preferred, but applicants with proven ability to execute and a strong technical foundation will be considered.