Direct Supply is building the future of senior living technology, helping connect the spectrum of healthcare in order to improve the lives of millions of seniors!
In the Senior Technology Project Manager – Software Engineering position, you’ll be responsible for organizing, planning, coordinating and tracking all project activities for multiple technology teams and projects. These projects, involving multiple technology and business teams, focus on developing custom software, deploying 3rd party solutions, and writing interfaces between systems. The project outputs, used by our internal teams and external customers, are core to our business continuity and success.
Direct Supply® Equipment & Furnishings®
This position is in our Equipment and Furnishings line of business which is responsible for offering streamlined large project management and over 1 million product solutions, Direct Supply Equipment & Furnishings supports every step of equipment procurement. We offer a personalized selection experience and products to meet the strategic and budgetary needs of Senior Living communities across the country.
What You’ll Do and Impact:
Project Management (90%)
- Execute on projects using solid Project Management skills – plan and manage scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, resources, procurement and communication.
- Manage 1-5 highly visible projects across various technology teams.
- Work with the project team to plan and coordinate activities, define deliverables and timeframes, and track progress on projects.
- Manage issues and conflicts as they arise during the project, understanding technology issues and lead the team in making effective technical decisions.
- Communicate project status and problems to all stakeholders. Recommend solutions and work with business sponsors to resolve issues and risks.
- Engage senior leadership during decision making process, when appropriate.
- Manage changes to projects – understand and communicate the impact of changes to a project’s scope, schedule and cost.
Process Improvement (10%)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on SCRUM. Help project teams adopt and excel at agile development methodologies and tools.
- Collaborate with other Project Managers to continually improve Direct Supply Project Management practices.
- Introduce innovative ideas that bring maturity to project planning, execution, reporting and portfolio management.
- Contribute to alignment of Project Management practices with technology and business objectives.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
- 8+ years of project management experience with specific experience in custom (built in-house) full-stack software development
- Knowledge of project management concepts from the Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide
- Knowledge of Agile Development Concepts
- Knowledge in applying Earned Value and Burndown Charts in project management
Additional Items of Interest:
- Project Management (PMP) certification a plus