Do you like working in a technical role that contributes to our customers’ success? Genesys delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical assistance to our partners and customers. Our global technical support team works around the clock to keep our customers connected. If you enjoy investigating complex issues and finding the solution, this may be the right opportunity for you.
What this role is:
In this role, you will perform analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues. You will interact with our customers daily to gather information and provide updates on tickets. You will work with other internal teams and serve as the primary point of contact for customer communications. You will work closely with the broader team of telephony engineers.
This role will report to the Director of Technical Support.
What this role isn’t:
This is not a helpdesk role. You won’t be working on desktops or basic end-user issues. You’ll need to learn about our systems and how our customers use them. You won’t have the freedom to make undocumented changes and to solve issues through trial and error. Attention to detail and following strict change control processes is critical to success in this role.
What you’ll bring to the table:
You’ll represent Genesys through concise and professional internal & external communications. You will need to have strong written skills for documentation and strong verbal skills to translate complex ideas. While our teams support each other, you will need to be able to work with minimal supervision. At Genesys, we own our work and are accountable for its success. There are times where stress levels can rise, but don’t worry; we work as one team. To be successful, you should have a strong background in a technical support or development role.
Some details about what you will do:
- Respond to reported support issues on time via Genesys’ Case Management tool (Salesforce.com / PagerDuty)
- Resolve support issues through investigation, replication, and troubleshooting
- Organize and lead conference calls during customer-affecting service interruptions
- Interact with various internal teams – including R&D, QA, Technical Publications, Technical Account Management, and Genesys Platform Operations to resolve support issues
- Track and document the changes you make so our internal teams can use your work when they face a similar issue. This documentation should be clear and concise since we have deadlines to meet with our customers.
- Take part in a shift and on-call roster when needed to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours. We value work-life balance, so you will know about these times in advance.
- Attend and deliver training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge
- 2+ years of software technical support or development experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with Azure ARM, Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, YAML and Serverless Technologies
- Experience & familiarity with TCP/IP Networking, Web servers, HTTP, REST, Client/Server App Architecture, GAX, Agent Setup, Designer, SIP Server, VOIP
- Knowledge of SIP, WebRTC, VoIP, PCap analysis, troubleshooting call quality, media gateways, and SBC devices preferred
- Experience working with Enterprise IP Networks supporting VOIP solutions over IP Networks
- Having experience with any of the Genesys products will help your application stand out
The position requires that you are a U.S. Citizen
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least December 31, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service? so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys Cloud™, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.