Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Senior Solution Architect/Data Architect!
Intel’s Data Center Group within the DPG is looking for a unicorn – someone with that rarely seen mix of Software, data, architecture, leadership talents, skills, and passion to grow our advanced analytics platform capabilities. If you want to make a difference in how Intel uses data to optimize our decision-making, please keep reading and then reach out – we’d love to talk with you!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Research and set the technology direction for our advanced analytic platforms and the extended team as well as plan the future architecture to align to Intel’s strategic goals.
– Develop a data platform strategy that defines the capabilities for data acquisition, integration, transformation, data-ops, governance, insights, and consumption of actionable data.- Define and evangelize the adoption of Data Architecture capabilities and standards and build architectural data processes that transform how Intel collects, curates, and consumes data in real-time.
– Define, design, and document data services, interfaces, and data flow with big picture awareness across the business unit.
– Build data tools to help data scientists work more effectively.
– Apply software engineering best practices, and coach data scientists to do the same.
– Help build proof of concepts (POCs) to incubate new technologies.
– Conduct data analysis and present insights to senior leaders and stakeholders on strategic topics.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes in addition to the qualifications listed below.
– Enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interaction with other leaders on important business decisions.
– Technically proficient and able to work closely with stakeholders to gain consensus.
– Coach people, help them do their work better, even better than yourself.
– Effectively present your point of view to influence and inspire those you work with.
– Have strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, along with experience handling ambiguous, and evolving requirements.
– You are a self-starter and quick learner
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities across Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new product technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
– Bachelor’s degree plus 9 years of industry work experience, or
– Master’s degree plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
– PhD plus 4 years of industry work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
– 5 plus years of experience in data/data pipeline engineering, including 4 years of experience using Python and SQL to extract and transform data; includes designing, developing, and implementing advanced data collection methods, index strategies, ingesting/indexing processes, transforming/normalizing data to common standards, data enrichment upon ingest.
– 5 plus years of experience in developing analytics solutions on top of RDBMS, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, Hadoop/Spark or similar implementations.
– 4 plus years of experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
– 4 plus years of experience with design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture to include 4 plus years of experience transforming large datasets into consumable assets for self-service analytics and reporting.
– 3 plus years of experience with data visualization techniques using Tableau, Kibana, or equivalent.
– 3 plus years of experience in querying public datasets on BigQuery.
– 3 plus years of experience working RESTful services and API’s.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
– Shell scripting.
– Linux Admin and installing, configuring software.
– Airflow – Experience building and monitoring DAGs.
– Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Neo4J admin skills
– Experiencing conducting market intelligence studies.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, New Mexico, Albuquerque;US, Texas, Austin;US, Washington, Multiple Cities;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here