Storable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with experience developing in Node, PHP, and React to join our talented and growing engineering team.
Top candidates are experienced Node, PHP, and React and comfortable working in an agile/scrum environment, focused on quality test driven development and end user experience. You’ll deploy code in the full stack from backend PHP or NodeJS microservices, to ReactJS sites and applications.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be located in: TX, NC, KS, MO, PA, CO
How is this different from other software engineering jobs?
You’ll be developing software solutions that power high traffic websites that make up the Storable marketplace. As part of a dynamic, data driven team you’ll contribute to continuous experimentation on our websites and algorithms. Storable Marketplace engineers get to work with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes in an environment that encourages teamwork and learning new technologies.
What you’ll do everyday:
- Design, develop, and deploy new features in PHP, NodeJS, and React
- Contribute to overall code and product quality and performance by developing automated tests and monitoring
- Collaborate with team members on solutions and participate in pair programming
- Encourage best practices demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Experience developing browser based user interfaces in React
- Experience working with and developing APIs in PHP and NodeJS
- Strong SQL and understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with no-SQL data stores
- Solid tech skills around the basics: software design patterns, implementation, unit testing, debugging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing an ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Willingness to take ownership and dig deep to understand the product and how changes affect end users
- AWS cloud experience, S3, EC2, etc
- Experience with Symfony or other modern PHP framework
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! Since mid-March we transitioned to a fully remote environment and we run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist experiences!
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.