Quantcast is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join the Product Infrastructure team in our London office.
Quantcast is building the next generation of advertising tools to enable our customers to run digital advertising campaigns as simply and effectively as possible. A number of engineering teams currently own specific segments of the platform and we recently formed a new team with the objective to cater for the core services that bring the platform together as one such as Routing, Auth, Notifications, Frontend common libraries, and Navigation.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design, implement and maintain micro-services oriented backend architectures, you are passionate about API standards, Test Driven Development, and have strong opinions on the right way to build and operate services. You will be part of a team that plays a key role in making architectural decisions and you will collaborate with other engineering teams and product owners to solve problems for both external customers and Quantcast engineering teams.
- Define, code, test, and deploy new features to our cloud-hosted ad management services with an emphasis on API standards, extensibility, robustness and performance.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and other Engineering teams to contribute to the product definition and system design.
- Continually evaluate and instill best practices into the development process, including automated testing, code organization and style, and application architecture.
- Work with Product Managers to develop product intuition and actively contribute to the roadmap.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong core Java skills (or similar language – knowledge of GO is highly desirable)
- Experience in designing and implementing APIs and Microservices
- Extensive experience with database technologies both SQL and NoSQL and entity frameworks.
- Background in designing, implementing and operating business-critical applications. Experience with container technologies (Docker or similar) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes or similar).
- Understanding of Messaging Technologies (Kafka, SQS)
- Experience of Cloud technology (AWS or similar)
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and the tools that assist it (source control, continuous integration, deployment tools) in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with Frontend technologies is also desirable.
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information, and advertising services for marketers, publishers, and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.