WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As a Senior Engineer with Freedom Financial Network in its Tempe, AZ office, you will contribute directly to the success of the business and have a meaningful impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for seasoned engineers to bring new and innovative ideas and tackle challenges across the full-stack. We believe in building teams that are passionate about solving complex problems and ready to grow and evolve alongside our expanding business and technology footprint.
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Ask questions and never stop learning
- Deliver high-quality code to production, consistently
- Building microservices using Node.js and PHP
- Integration with various third-party systems
- More than seven years of experience developing software solutions
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate a team-first attitude towards software development
- Experience designing/developing scalable systems
- Experience with Node JS, PHP and Cloud
- Experience with Go, Python a plus
- Experience working with various data stores: SQL, NoSQL, and/or key-value store
- Experience with, or willingness to learn:
- Event-driven architecture and messaging frameworks (Pub/Sub, Kafka, and/or RabbitMQ)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and/or Azure)
- Mature engineering practices (CI/CD, testing, secure coding, etc)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software development
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday