The Bloomberg Professional mobile app provides financial professionals with an indispensable tool that they can use while away from their desks to stay connected, solve problems, and get caught up on things they have missed. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the mobile team to build some of the most critical pieces of middleware that the iOS and Android apps rely upon. There will be opportunities to develop in all parts of the stack – iOS, Android, and backend – with the latter being the primary focus.
We will trust you to:
- Be responsible for a diverse technology stack
- Collaborate effectively. The role will require you to work closely with other Mobile Engineering teams as well as wider Bloomberg Engineering
- Proactively look into new technologies available to us as engineers at Bloomberg and, when appropriate, drive their adoption in the team
- Manage projects from conception to delivery
You will need to have:
- Experience with C++
- Experience building scalable distributed systems, and managing deployment risk
- Experience and desire to work in constant collaboration with other team members
We would love you to have:
- Experience with any of: Python, Swift, Kotlin
- Experience with any queuing, or caching technologies
- Experience leading projects, or working on projects with complex design decisions involving multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge of database technologies
- A passion for learning new things
- A desire to teach others what you know, and for mentoring other team members
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It’s a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you’d be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
If this sounds like you, apply!
And do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com/ to learn more.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.