About the Position In this highly technical role, you will build first in the world customer and product focused financial and insurance marketplace, including recommendation services, product catalog, partner product listings and other novel services and technologies which will enable thousands of our independent agents, small and large agencies to seamlessly interact with millions of consumers to provide best possible financial products. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of cloud development and are proficient in cloud patterns and services. Collaborative teamwork is your primary mode of operation. You’re not shy about reaching out to others with questions and you’re eager to support your peers in their work. At the same time, you understand what ownership and accountability for your individual work means. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand how to plan and execute against competing priorities. You’re ready to change the world of insurance, and you know that all starts with high quality software and services.
- Have 6+ years of practical experience developing distributed service-based applications
- Have a track record of designing, developing and shipping complex software projects that required cross-team collaboration
- Be proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as Python or Ruby
- Have strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be comfortable working with AWS services
- Have practical experience developing APIs for the modern world