FactSet is seeking a talented software engineer with strong C# and .NET Core skills to join the Datafeed Engineering Team. This team is responsible for the development and maintenance of servers that deliver streaming real-time market data, and multiple SDKs that target several different programming languages, on both the Windows and Linux platforms. Our software allows internal and external engineers to programmatically access real-time market data content across a wide variety of platforms and languages. With just a few lines of code, users can easily integrate FactSet’s wide range of streaming market-data into their applications.
- Develop, test, and deploy software and services to end users.
- Design and implement user-friendly APIs that deliver streaming real-time market data.
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews, code reviews, and brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate and collaborate with product developers, QA, API users, and other stake holders.
- Respond to bug reports and feature requests.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or foreign equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience developing software in C#.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of software development in Visual Studio
- Fundamental understanding of network programming
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers within FactSet and with external users.
- Track record of success developing and shipping software on time.
- Ability to work in groups and independently
- Experience developing software in any of the following languages
- .NET Core
- Experience writing software for Linux
- Experience developing APIs
- Understanding of real-time market data and the requirements for processing large amounts of input with low latency