We are currently looking for skilled software engineers to work directly on the in-store AI Drive Through conversational agent stack. The primary responsibility of the Core Tech SWE is to work closely with computational linguists to accelerate the pace of stable and predictable development of Natural Language Understanding, Dialog, and other language-related components of our AI Drive Through Solution. This individual will work on the core logic, log telemetry, debugging tools, and robustification of an application that will reach 10s of millions of customers per day.
- Work with Computational Linguists and Machine Learning experts to improve Core Application frameworks.
- Help design, implement, and improve platforms in Python for managing conversation state, dialog flow, and applying voice actions in context.
- Build tooling to enable linguists and domain experts to easily make language and domain-related improvements, including localization.
- Continuous Incremental Refactoring to reduce execution risk and increase development velocity.
- Focus on firming up class hierarchies and business logic to be modular, testable, and robust.
- Maintain the cannon of “Best Practices” including the policy judgements made around code style, documentation conventions, calling patterns, and library use.
- Educate the engineering teams on standard methodologies, and where possible automate enforcement and migrate existing code to ensure compliance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- Quick learner and ability to quickly contribute to the team
- 5+ years of professional experience developing software in Python
- 3+ years of experience in Linux environments
- Working familiarity with NLP applications and techniques
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or similar
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbot, IVR, virtual assistant, etc.)
- Professional experience with multilingual / localized software applications