At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who is ready to be a key player on an Agile development team that is about to start the creation of the next generation of our teller product as a cloud first, responsive web design that uses micro services. This team will use the latest technologies to build advanced user interfaces focused on delivering an excellent User Experience. This position will report to the Software Engineering Manager and will participate in a full Agile Scrum process with two-week sprints. This development team is comprised of 12 people that include UI Software Engineers, Business and Quality Engineers, Scrum Master, and IBM System i RPG Software Engineers. We are responsible for the Jack Henry Banking division’s Teller solutions that are used in banks that range from small community banks up to mid-tier banks nationwide. This position will work remotely from the United States.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- New product development and product enhancement development based on provided requirements.
- Working with the team to develop technical designs for development projects.
- Testing and debugging for existing codebase and future development projects.
- Provide estimates for time/effort for assigned product development tasks and projects
- Completing assigned development tasks within project deadlines based on prior estimation and research.
- Learning and understanding the Teller product with the goal of serving as a subject matter expert for the product and its functions both for individuals inside and outside of the team.
- Serving in a leadership role on the team, providing suggestions and guidance about industry best practices, new technologies, standards, etc.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Experience with Microservices and Micro Frontend architectures.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Hosted Application Security Experience
- Experience with Cloud Native Technologies including:
- GitHub Actions
- CI/CD Strategies
- HTML 5
- Angular and Single Page Application Development
- Unit Testing Frameworks including xUnit and Jest
- WPF experience
- WCF experience
- Hardware device integration experience
- QA Testing Practices and Selenium
- iSeries/System i Knowledge and Experience
- Banking knowledge and experience