- disrupt global trade by working within our Broker function.
- build quoting and routing algorithms.
- process, aggregate and expose live tracking data from cargo ships, airplanes and more.
- enable and maintain a high degree of automation, thereby creating an opportunity for meaningful and challenging tasks for people rather than working on tedious manual tasks.
- design and build scaleable and extendable Software.
- explore and implement cutting edge software design patterns.
- mentor Engineers and enable team growth.
What you bring
- product thinking and ownership mentality
- experience building distributed backend applications
- hands-on knowledge and confidence with multiple modern programming languages
- experience with a variety of databases both within and outside the relational paradigm, e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- insights into designing data streaming applications
- understanding of trade-offs between sync and async inter-service communication
- cloud application design, GCP is a plus
- professional attitude towards Software craftsmanship including testing
Why Us – You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Culture Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w. At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.