Great Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Tuition Discount, Health and Wellness programs.
Job Profile Summary:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems. They communicate project information to client, project manager, or other design personnel working on projects. They maintain good working relationships with clients and staff. They write and maintains complete documentation. They support team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. They keep management informed of status and significant problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop web applications and web services using Java (version 8 and above), Angular (version 2 and above), REST, XML, HTTP, and other web technologies.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests.
- Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
- Research, design, and develop computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analysis’s software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Full stack development utilizing REST, Angular (2 and above), and Java (8 and above)
- Extensive experience in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment.
- Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices to write high quality code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects and the ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other team members.
- Subject matter expert in the area of responsibility or has extensive knowledge of several technical areas.
- Typically requires a technical university degree or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced degrees (Master’s or PhD) may be required for certain disciplines and reduce the experience requirement by 2-4 years.
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience and a proven track record in developing web-based applications and web services using Java (8 and above), SOAP, REST, XML, and other web technologies, including experience interfacing with SQL Relational Databases, and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure.
- IDE IntelliJ
- Git Hub
- Cloud Watch
- Agile/Scrum project development
- AWS Certification
- Application Integration with legacy systems
*Current WGU employees must submit their internal application prior to 11/19/2021 to be considered for this position*
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.