Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is seeking a motivated software developer to join our enterprise applications (ERP) team. Working within a small, agile team, you will have the opportunity to create applications that have a direct and meaningful impact on the company’s engineering, manufacturing, and financial success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable in the business domains relevant to the software you build and support
- Fulfill the needs of your manufacturing, engineering, and finance stakeholders by refining their requirements into user stories and implementing them as high-quality, maintainable code
- Be a committed member of your self-organizing Scrum team by actively participating in Scrum rituals and sharing responsibilities, such as code reviews and fixing production bugs
- Help your team to continuously improve by contributing to tooling, documentation, and development practices
- Regularly interact with your internal users and stakeholders, having a material influence on the functional and technical outcomes of your work
- Five or more years of experience writing production object-oriented Python in a professional setting
- Familiarity with automated testing tools and authoring unit testable code
- Confident with Git, GitHub/GitLab/Phabricator, and common Git-based development workflows
- Possess strong technical communication skills, being able to both visualize and express in writing: domain concepts, user requirements, and technical architecture
- Experience with ORMs and writing performant SQL
- Working knowledge of Python tooling, such as virtualenv, pip, Poetry, and PyPi
- Comfortable using Linux as a primary workstation environment
- Previous development experience with Odoo or other ERP platforms (e.g., SAP, Dynamics, PeopleSoft)
- Prior experience with formal architecture design and modeling a plus
- Any of the following system administration skills: LXC, Ansible, ZFS, Bash scripting, Jenkins, PostgreSQL administration and clustering, or related tools and technologies
- Database administration experience, particularly using PostgreSQL
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or formal training in an Engineering field are preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including group health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) contribution, and participation in the employee stock ownership plan.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in the Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit http://www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.