We’re looking for an experienced data scientist to join the data & insight team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast growing digital product organisation. You will work in close partnership with product managers and engineering leads to ensure data is at the heart of developing successful consumer products.
You embrace the fast paced and sometimes scrappy world of startups, are focused on creating user value, and have demonstrated success in building, developing and mentoring a data team.
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive product development
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Build partnerships with senior stakeholders across the business and actively contribute to the product’s strategic direction
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis and drive a culture of testing to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Evangelise data best practices across the organisation
- BS/MS in Econometrics, Macroeconomics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or similar field
- Hands on experience with at least one scripting language e.g. Python, R, MATLAB and relevant statistical packages.
- Hands on experience with complex SQL. Expert knowledge of Tableau.
- Extensive experience in a senior data role where data played a key comparative advantage or was essential to bottom line of the business
- Experience building testing platforms at scale (A/B, multivariate, randomised and stratified controlled testing, predictive analytics etc)
- Experience in delivering long term outcomes in fast changing environment.
- Strong desire to take initiative; thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills