Sr. Operations Engineer (Remote Optional)
Hopjump is an online travel company; our mission is to provide travelers with a highly engaging travel booking experience based on personalized travel recommendations. We’re dedicated to building the world’s first consumer-first hotel booking platform.
The Operations Engineering Team’s mission is to deliver software solutions that preserve and grow Hopjump’s profits by either driving revenue growth or cutting operational costs. All members of this team take ownership and provide leadership across all of Hopjump’s infrastructure (both software and hardware) including all email and data processing systems. An ideal candidate will be able to align infrastructure engineering activities with business objectives to ensure consistent and predictable operational success.
A successful engineer on the Infrastructure Team at Hopjump will:
- Build cloud-based (AWS) micro-services – primarily in Python, (occasionally in Ruby)
- Implement well-defined features with good test coverage and peer reviews.
- Take a growth-oriented approach, aggressively seeking opportunities to maximize business value delivered.
- Be capable of owning the entire development lifecycle of internally-facing software products within three months of starting, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, and ensuring business goal achievement.
- Maintain and support our Kubernetes cluster, providing assistance and training to other engineering teams in deploying their projects.
- Provide ongoing support and monitoring for all internal infrastructure, including both legacy and newly developed systems
- Be ready & able to learn/use Python, Ruby & Ruby on Rails on a daily basis!
- Strike a balance between pragmatic, timely short-term solutions and technical debt avoidance.
- Manage infrastructure costs; evaluating opportunities for savings and documenting increases in infrastructural needs.
What we’re looking for:
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, or a closely-related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- The ability to plan out a process and execute on it on a daily basis with an emphasis on achieving measurable results
- A passion for personal growth and a demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Experience with the technologies commonly used in our environment: Kubernetes, AWS, Python, Kafka, Java, Jenikins, Terraform,Go
Things You’ll Like About Hopjump:
- We value and encourage creative thinking & intellectual curiosity.
- You’ll have a very clear understanding of how your work matters to the company.
- You’ll find interesting new challenges every day on the forefront of online marketing.
- You’ll be given the responsibility to have a big impact on and opportunities for leadership within our business from early on.
- You’ll be part of a passionate team with broad skills and interests.
- We have fun! Frequent company outings, lunches, and parties.
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a relaxed work environment with plenty of perks.