WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers for both 2020 and 2021, is seeking hardworking, like-minded individuals to help us disrupt personal finance and make a tangible difference in people’s everyday lives. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Java Developer for a full-time, permanent position.
- Designs and develops web applications using Java, Spring Framework, MySQL
- Designs and develops unit test cases to make the code more robust
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Supports and troubleshoots problems with existing applications
- Participates in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- Over 3 years experience in Java, Spring and MySQL (or any relational database)
- Experience developing web and stand-alone applications in Spring technologies, such as Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Batch
- Proven ability to lead a small group of developers and the willingness to mentor junior developers
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard
- Proficient with spoken/written English
Nice to have but not required
- Experience in PHP
- Experience with unit testing framework, test driven development
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Visa sponsorship (after 18 months with the company, based on performance, in case you will be working from outside the U.S.)
- This position does not have a location requirement and can be performed remotely (including from outside the U.S.).
- Expected work schedule is 50 hours/week, Monday to Friday. In case you will be working from outside the U.S., please be aware this position requires an overlap with EST business hours (8am – 7pm ET, including 1 hour break).
- Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.