This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Mentor and manage a high performance delivery team
* Hands-on end-to-end project delivery responsibilities
* Provide technical direction and ensure high quality of deliverables
* Ensure team delivers timely to key milestones supporting a clear roadmap and requirements
* Clarify and defend architecture and design decision and ensure they are practical and feasible to implement by the team.
* Partner with technology peers and product owners and lead collaborative efforts to ensure a successful end-to-end project delivery
* Ability to translate functional requirements to technical design and requirements
* 5+ years of strong experience in Core Java, Object Oriented Programming, RDBMS (Oracle), SQL, Spring and Unix Scripting
* Experience in architecting and building secure, highly available, resilient, scalable systems leveraging clustering and load balancing of web (Apache), app servers (Tomcat) and messaging systems (RabbitMQ, MQ Series)
* Hands-On experience on micro services frameworks and tools (Spring Boot, Jersey, Swagger)
* Knowledge of container based development and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Strong understanding of Agile methodology and leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, JUnit, Selenium, Lint)
* Experience in Cloud and Container based development (AWS, Pivotal Clound Foundry, Kube) is a plus
* Experience using NoSQL DBs like Cassandra or ElasticSearch is a plus
* Banking and payments domain background is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm’s vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans