Senior Gameplay Engineer
As Senior Gameplay Engineer at Tic Toc Games, you will be working closely with our Production and Design teams to bring exciting gameplay features to life! You will not be limited to coding, but deeply involved in the design and the direction of our games. Every one of our employees loves playing games and creating games. You are excellent at breaking down large gameplay features into components and communicating the level of effort required.
The right candidate
- Loves games. Dedicates themselves to creating magical experiences.
- Communicates well, has a positive attitude, manages uncertainties, and can adjust to tackle challenges as needed.
- Has experience taking a game from concept to release.
- Practices Data Oriented Design and Data Driven Programming. Eg: Keeps model data separated from views.
- Break down large gameplay features into smaller components and communicate the level of effort required to producers.
- Help determine the scope of a project and estimate the level of effort for new features.
- Work with production staff to identify technical risks and breakdown gameplay into user stories and scenarios.
- Encourage fellow engineers to keep code quality high.
- Prioritize which tech is high priority for a game’s launch and what tech should have lower priority.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced programmers.
- Helps keep team morale high when searching for solutions to difficult problems.
- Program gameplay and application features in Unity for mobile, online, and console games.
- Collaborate closely with art and design team members to deliver polished, visually impressive, optimized games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in game development
- Shipped one or more titles played by thousands or millions of players. Console experience a plus.
- Strong debugging skills with ability to work in large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently.
- Comfortable working in a 3D space.
- Knowledge of basic kinematics. Eg: Able to create a parametric equation that outputs the 3D position of a ballistic projectile over time.
- Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve over the course of a project
- Mastery in several domains, such as 3D, Math, Shaders, Animation, AI, and Networking.
- Full time
- Burbank, California – currently working remotely due to Covid
- 5+ Years Experience
- Job Title: Senior Gameplay Programmer
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes here or to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.