Senior Frontend Engineer (Vue.js) – FinTech Investment Banking
at Financial Technology Partners (View all jobs) San Francisco
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as “Dealmaker of the Year” and “Investment Banking Firm of the Year” by The M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.’s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm’s Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Financial Technology Partners (FT Partners) is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to improve, refactor and extend our web app in collaboration with our small but growing engineering team. Our stack is Python/Django, Django Rest Framework and Vue/Vuex. We’re looking for someone who has experience, passion and diligence in implementing a stable, clean, readable, maintainable, best-practices Vue/Vuex webapp and component library.
About FT Partners Engineering: Our primary purpose as an engineering team at FT Partners is to build the (web-based) operating system that the company runs on, as well as its data infrastructure. This is particularly exciting given the company’s focus on research, data and technology, and the large impact our small team can make when our tooling contributes to the success of a huge high-profile deals. High expectations are placed on the engineering team, but we are also afforded substantial autonomy and context to provide real solutions to investment banking operations and data challenges. Our philosophy is to continually simplify our system while providing increasingly powerful features. We are committed to constant research of tools and approaches that provide more elegant solutions than our previous iterations. In places, our application of technology will be truly unique, but it will be built atop a modern high-quality standards-based foundation.
- Develop a complete understanding of our Vue codebase, keep it organized, and prevent bloat
- Find opportunities for increased modularization and alterations to simplify components to make them more reusable
- Build new sections, components and functionality
- Cleanly follow a Vuex pattern for data
- Implement unit and integration tests for stability and continuous delivery
- Assist with dependency versioning and security warnings
- Collaborate with engineering on data infrastructure, APIs, security and efficiency
- Contribute to team task visibility through participation in our ticket tracking system, daily standups and sprint planning.
- Write code that is easy for other engineers to understand and expand on, through technology/library choices, code style (readability matters), and documentation
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer in a modern web-app engineering environment (APIs, SPAs, CI/CD, Cloud infrastructure, Tests, Git, Agile)
- At least 2 of those years working primarily with modern frontend frameworks (React/Redux, Vue, Angular, etc)
- Startup experience and comfort wearing multiple hats is a nice to have
- The role is a frontend role, but being knowledgeable about backend would be considered a plus
- Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
- Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
- Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
- Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
- You are collaborative, you recognize that as an engineering team (especially a small one) we succeed together, and we fail together.
- You are comfortable asking for help, context and ideas, and you are happy to provide help, context and ideas to your team.
- You keep looking into new ways to do things and are willing to replace your own previous solutions in favor of new standards that become available
- You have a healthy fear of introducing complexity into the system
- You are self-motivated in contributing to the underappreciated aspects of a stable system like test coverage and documentation
Benefits of this role
- Opportunity to work on modern stack – and to help us continue modernizing it
- Our offices around the world are the direct consumers of the digital products we build, so you’ll have direct feedback on the impact of your work
- Team culture that values training, social events, and an international and diverse environment
- Competitive pay, stellar health benefits, 401k, and unlimited vacation days policy
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Prosper in its loan purchase agreement with a consortium of investors for up to $5 billion
- AmWins in its recapitalization by New Mountain Capital at a $1.3bn valuation
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA) , CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Mercury Payment Systems in its 60% strategic growth investment by Silver Lake Partners
- OzForex in its $480 mm IPO
- FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Lynk Systems in its $525 million sale to The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Addepar in its $140 financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.