Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. For years, our awe-inspiring viral videos on YouTube have shown the world what remarkably capable robots can do. Now we are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications, logistics and warehouses.
As Senior Frontend Software Engineer you will help us build an advanced web-based control interface for our robots. You’ll be working with a multi-disciplinary team developing a new product and pushing the state-of-the-art on web technology and interface design.
Day to day activities:
- Develop polished web experiences using WebGL, WebRTC, and other advanced technologies
- Design core pieces of software architecture which address product requirements
- Debug hard-to-reproduce issues and diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Test product on users and continually improve the experience
- 4+ years of professional experience developing advanced web applications
- Strong foundational knowledge of core web technologies, as well as common frameworks like React
- Comfort with data analysis to measure and diagnose performance issues
- Ability to change other parts of the tech stack when needed – from node.js services to databases to other backend technologies
- Desire to be a great teammate by communicating ideas broadly, being kind to others, and chipping in on high priority efforts even if outside your domain of expertise
Nice to have skills:
- 3D game or graphics programming
- Real-time video: WebRTC, RTSP, and codecs
- Node.js stack: node, npm, webpack, and TypeScript
- Additional Programming Languages: C++ and Python
- Networking: TCP/IP/TLS/HTTP and other protocols
- Linux administration and internals
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.