Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app, and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun.
Rivian is looking for a strong Senior Engineering Manager to join our Order Squad Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a group of world class software engineers to define, design, guide and build best-in-class digital experiences for the customers. This is a highly cross-functional role with focus on scalable, cloud native, API driven, resilient web application and GraphQL services with high emphasis on innovation.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to design and develop end-to-end services across web/app (React/React Native), backend (Node/GraphQL) and 3rd party integrations.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
- Grow and mentor an engineering team from 4 to 8-9 within the next 12 months
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
- Minimum of a combined 12 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an engineering manager
- Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native distributed applications across web/app
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision