POSITION: The Senior Engineer and Developer is needed to support Trimdata as it grow its suite of leading interfaces between campus Student Information Systems (SIS) and trusted third-parties using our suite of Cloud-based tools and APIs. This is a rare opportunity to join a progressive small company and make a big impact.
Job Summary: Develop, maintain and support of the flagship FA~Link product
- Work independently or team to quickly identify and resolve development issues.
- Contribute to design documents and participate in design reviews.
- Develop code, scripts, extracts, and other artifacts to enhance FA~Link products
- Create customer and internal documentation.
- Develop knowledge base of frequent customer issues and their resolution.
- Interact with partners and other groups for troubleshooting efforts.
- Be proactive and inquisitive with a clear focus on problem solving.
Required Software Qualifications
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Unix.
Language(s): Java, .NET, PL/SQL
Database(s): Microsoft SQL, Oracle
Misc : SQL Skills, Shell Scripting, JSON, Apache Camel, Drools Rules, REST / HTTP Comms, Unit tests / JUnit / TestNG, Git & Gitflow / Jenkins / Maven, AWS / EC2 / RDS / S3
- Software development experience using some combination of one or more of the following technologies: Java.
- Development experience using a major RDBMS including Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience working with structured design and development techniques, source code control procedures, and software release management processes in the development of software systems.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing business requirements for modifications to existing and development of new applications.
- DevOps experience
BA/BS in a technical discipline (preferably computer science), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
5-10 years of experience working with Cloud-based solutions Ability to make good judgment decisions, Self-Motivated, Self-Confident, desire to learn