If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance then we have the job you are looking for! You will be able to achieve your personal and professional goals in a stable environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit.
Take the project we’re now working on. You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware and software engineers and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
- You will use your expertise in designing and developing cloud-based environments.
- You will develop an architecture that includes:
- Automated access to a suite of shared services, including software development tools
- Automated provisioning of cloud accounts
- Automated compliance enforcement of restrictions on cloud services
- You will implement a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline for software development
- You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Senior DevOps Engineer requirements for the position are as follows:
- We are looking for at least a BS in computer science, IT, or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with programming languages including C++, Java, etc.
- AWS experience in deploying, debugging, and maintaining applications
- Knowledge of how to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Can work in both Windows and Linux environments
Senior DevOps Engineer preferences:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience developing containerized applications using Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes based tooling such as Helm or Itsio
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code / Configuration as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), benefits package, relocation opportunities, and a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace, in 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women in order to maximize career and professional accomplishments. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.