We have made temporary arrangements for our staff to be able to work mostly off-site. Once we are cleared to return to our offices safely it will be a fully on-site position in ALLENTOWN, PA. again
***FULL TIME, PERMANENT, DIRECT HIRE ROLE with Ideal Concepts Inc. in Allentown, PA. Ideal Concepts Inc is a product-based company. ***
We are looking for a senior level SQL Database Engineer who has in-depth experience with Microsoft SQL Server versions 2016 and greater. The Ideal candidate will have an extensive enterprise background using MS SQL Server and be able to understand complex SQL design concepts, practices, and procedures.
This position involves identifying business requirements, developing data models, performing data analysis, writing advanced SQL queries, designing and coding complex stored procedures, and performance tuning existing database processes.
- Design and develop database objects, stored procedures, views, functions, tables, and triggers; ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Write and optimize SQL statements for data access and retention.
- Perform regular database monitoring duties to ensure that SQL databases remain accessible, secure, and stable.
- Mentor junior team members on best practices, assisting them as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and analyze how new features could apply to current infrastructure.
- Participate in peer code review and provide feedback.
- Test databases for performance, fine-tune when necessary.
- Collaborate with developers on database design, query tuning, and schema refinement.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct database related issues in real time while providing efficient resolutions.
- Respond to feedback from users regarding performance and work with developers to improve the performance of queries and indexes.
- Tune stored procedures and T-SQL queries to improve performance and sustainability.
- Participate in various software releases by deploying database scripts and performing post deployment monitoring.
- Monitor database performance parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Study the technical requirements provided by product team and design databases to fulfill the requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain Power BI reports based on user requirements.
- Participate in all team activities like sprints and project planning.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Computer Science or a related field of study.
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management.
- 4+ years of experience in software development using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later, T-SQL and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server database design, stored procedure design and implementation.
- Experience coding complex stored procedures (using T-SQL).
- Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, Extended Events, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI).
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Company pays 100% of the employee’s weekly premium for major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 8 paid predetermined holidays
- Employee 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- Technology focused, fast paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top technology and health insurance marketing companies in the nation
- H1B transfers/sponsorships are available on a case by case status
This is an on-site position, located in Allentown, PA. In light of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have made temporary arrangements for our staff to be able to work remotely. Once we are cleared to return to our offices, remote work will not be an option for this position.