Penn Interactive (PI) is a real-money interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. As the digital arm to Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space and are looking for a Sr Data Engineer to join our expanding Sportsbook team!
The Senior Data Engineer works closely with the Director of Engineering in a small, cross-functional team to develop a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Successful candidates for this role will leverage data from the largest casino chain in the United States to assist in tasks such as affinity, personalization, bonusing, promotions, etc. Previous work in the gaming industry is not important but we do expect you to take the lead in developing a data warehouse and pipeline to enable novel and rewarding data discoveries.
- Design, develop and deploy a big data stack and data processing infrastructure platform
- Architect and rearchitect multi-tenant databases to meet the needs of our customer base
- Improve data validation and data quality monitoring
- Work with client and backend teams to guide events driven designs
- Optimize and tune the databases to improve performance and reduce cost
- Write and maintain terraform to enable data engineering and science teams to safely deploy tools and services
- 4+ years of experience building large scale, robust data processing pipeline
- 2+ years of experience coding in Python
- Background in API development, with a focus data transformations and data streams
- Strong background with building and maintaining automation
- Advanced experience with data streaming, ingest, ETL and data warehousing technologies
- Strong experience in database schema design, data governance and data modeling
- Experience with Spark, Beam, Redshift, Tableau, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure cloud
- Good understanding of data security and encryption
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with tools like Airflow, Dagster or DBT
- A passion for sports or betting
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees, through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available