To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Expertise in modeling data
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop/EMR, SQL
- Ability to optimize data access for speed/reliability/velocity as needed by the business
- Comfort with QA’ing your own data, including ‘menial tasks’ like listening to calls or scrubbing excel files to ensure everything is correct
- Comfort with learning new technologies to help the team explore new solutions to existing problems
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Capable of modifying an existing job to add a new field and getting it into production within a day.
- Capable of creating a new data pipeline/job within 2-3 days.
You have a proven ability to drive business results by building the right infrastructure that enables data-based insights. You are comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for enabling the discovery of solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. We’re growing at a rapid pace, so it’s important that you embrace the opportunity to blaze your own trail. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly as we corner opportunity. You can work independently, with little oversight or guidance. At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. If this sounds like a good fit for you, give us a shout, we’d love to chat!