Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
PhysIQ (pronounced Phys-IQ) is healthcare’s first personalized physiology data analytics platform. PhysIQ is designed to track and integrate multiple vital signs to detect clinically meaningful changes against an individual baseline, rather than a population-based “norm.” We are focused on the most important machine of all — the human body. We use wearable biosensor data to provide the only FDA-cleared personalized analytics to learn a patient’s baseline and detect subtle changes to provide unprecedented insight. This allows for proactive healthcare interventions as well as greatly increased confidence in patient home monitoring.
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for an analytically minded, experienced Senior Cloud Operations Engineer willing to work and innovate with the vigor of a fast-growing business. As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that physIQ’s customer facing production systems are operational, well maintained, and delivering on our SLA commitments.
· Support and maintain the operational health our production cloud infrastructure
· Support and maintain the operational health of our dependent applications (Web, iOS, Android)
· Continuous monitoring of systems to ensure stability, reliability, and SLA compliance
· Foster our operational policies and procedures in the areas of incident response and monitoring
· Develop automated systems to streamline standard operating procedures
· Coordinate technical resolution of major incidents
· Collaborate with engineering teams to define, design, and develop operational feature improvements into our products
· Execute on improvement efforts in information security and privacy
· Maintain production security system and audits
· Continually assess the infrastructure for vulnerabilities and suggest de-risking efforts
· Manage task assignments to ensure commitments are delivered on time
· 4 or more years of production Linux system administrator experience
· 4 or more years of production experience managing cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azur)
· 4 or more years of production experience managing relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc)
· 4 or more years of production experience managing large scale distributed systems (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc)
· 2 or more years of production experience with Kubernetes
· Thorough understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols (TCP/IP, ssh, HTTP/HTTPS, UDP, switches, routers, iptables, firewalls, load balancers)
· Extensive experience with scripting languages (bash, python, etc)
· Experience with system and network monitoring
· Experience with SOC-2, NIST, or other applicable security framework
· Understanding of cloud infrastructure security and privacy tools
· Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
· Excellent English written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Ability to understand business context and requirements
· Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
· Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals