Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 80 million annual users across two brands (Zumper and PadMapper), we’ve generated support from top-tier investors and recently raised $60m in Series D funding (of $140m total). We’re searching for passionate, hardworking people to build extraordinary products and redefine the rental industry. Jump aboard our rocket ship!
We are looking for an experienced Python Engineer to build and support the infrastructure that underpins our diverse partnership integrations. These integrations form the backbone of our supply platform and are critical to the effective operation of our marketplace. This position is part of our LeadGen pod where you will be a member of a small, inclusive, and multi-functional team.
Your responsibilities will include ensuring that our backend integrations run efficiently and reliably, creating new integrations with new and old partners, and proactive planning for expansion. The integrations involve using APIs to get new and updated listings, deliver leads, schedule tours and more. Every quarter you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with people from across the company to explore new ideas, tackle ambitious concepts, and innovate in our multi-day hackathon. We have a proven track record of shipping over 50% of our hackathon projects to our customers!
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator that is able to collaborate closely with internal and external partners on a broad range of technical and business topics. This candidate is also an enthusiastic learner with a passion for solving problems and delivering value to our company and partners.
What you will do
- Support and maintain partner integrations (parsing incoming data feeds, syndicating content out)
- Help scale and develop our growing integration infrastructure
- Work with our operations team to identify and maximize opportunities to scale our business without scaling our costs, infrastructure, or complexity
- Establish and meet integration SLAs to delight our partners and deliver outstanding service.
- Build, improve, and maintain internal tools and reporting capabilities
Who you are
- Self motivated do-er of things and solver of problems
- 5+ years of professional Python and SQL.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Outstanding debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation thereof)
Bonus skills & experience
- SQL Alchemy
- AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, SQS, SES, etc)
- Command line and Shell scripting (Bash, Zsh, etc)
- Observability tools (Sentry, Grafana, SumoLogic, etc)
What we offer
- Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Mass transit/ridesharing stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and beverages
- Team adventures and outings
- Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. We have offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale and are lucky to have 200+ team mates across the US.
We care deeply about diversity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
We are proud to have won awards from Inc. Magazine (2019 Best Places to Work) and SF Business Times (2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness Award).
Please note: Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.