Who We Are
Piñata Farms is a team of 25 who have been responsible for some of the biggest cultural and tech successes of the last 10 years, spanning mobile, social, video, AR, gaming and music. We are backed by the top Silicon Valley VC’s and some of the most influential strategic investors in media, tech, and pop culture. We have been quietly building this company for over a year and are currently in beta with very promising early engagement metrics and strong buzz in the high school and college communities ahead of our launch this winter. Our app is a completely novel creative video platform and will be the next great cultural phenomenon — in fact, you may have already seem some of our work racking up millions of views for Diplo, Marshmello, Kendrick Lamar’s team, Benny Blanco, Lil Dicky, the Jonas Bros…even getting even getting this comment from “??????????” from LeBron.
While we are staying confidential about our product until launch this winter, our mission is driven from behavioral research into how today’s connected communities work. From our insider’s view of digital media and social communities, we’ve helped establish new norms and know what’s coming next. More than half of our team is dedicated to developing novel and proprietary computer vision technologies that differentiates us from the same old commoditized and shallow video apps. We’ve brought the best technologists and best people in pop culture together – PF will change the mobile video game forever.
Engineering at Piñata Farms
The Piñata Farms engineering team is organized from the ground up. New initiatives are started by engineers, achieve critical mass and are adopted across the company. This makes for a democratic ecosystem with a flat, interdisciplinary org. structure. We own our own stack and make big bets on long term technologies. We own our own data ingestion/cleaning/filtering pipeline, the machine learning model training pipeline, the app clients, web clients, analytics pipelines and backend. We believe strongly that keeping these core components in-house allows us to communicate better and build a more robust product.
Who You Are
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative senior engineer to play a core role in designing and developing various backend systems at Piñata Farms. This will include work on multiple different interfaces including but not limited to: user management and authentication, database management/migration, designing interfaces for various frontend clients, and optimizing content distribution. The work will primarily be for a consumer app product.
- Own, design, & build entire systems from scratch
- Influence or manage technical direction for the entire company
- Influence the product development
- Look back in two years and be able to say “I was there when it started.”
- Various backend architectures (monolith, serverless, and microservice)
- AWS components (S3, cloudfront, lambda, kinesis, etc.)
- System design and tool selection
- CI/CD design for backend tools
- Strong background and understanding of media content distribution and optimization
- Understanding of core security concepts and data access patterns.
Preferred experience with:
- Graph databases (neptune, Dgraph)
- Load testing (artillery or similar)
- Content recommendation systems
- Vue.js frontend framework
- Search optimization (elastic search, etc.)
- Small team moving fast. All of the ownership with none of the BS.