Our Quality Assurance team ensures that our websites, backend services and mobile applications can continue to evolve while maintaining reliability, quality and making sure that new features are in the best possible shape before they go live.
We’re now looking for multiple QA Engineers to join our team! These roles include either working on the frontend of our core website or our online booking platform. Extensive manual and exploratory testing are essential parts of these roles to ensure the quality of code changes and the general user experience. You should be someone who’s highly motivated, detail-oriented and has a passion for shaping the quality and user experience of our core products and services.
Are you ready to make an impact? Then we want to hear from you!
The available positions:
- Frontend Website QA: You will work as an active part of one of many agile development teams in close collaboration with the rest of our QA team. Extensive manual and exploratory testing are essential parts of your role to ensure the quality of code changes and the general user experience. Additionally, you will also help to maintain and extend our automation suite. Further examples on your regular to-do list are release management and monitoring, data analysis and defect investigations.
- Booking Platform QA: This team is responsible for both the frontend and backend of an online booking platform. You’ll therefore be required to test both user-facing features as well as various APIs and payment services. In addition to manual and exploratory testing techniques, maintaining and creating new test cases for our automation suites is also in the scope of this role.
What you’ll do:
- Working as part of a highly agile, multidisciplinary team, you will be tasked with testing changes to our core products, which can range from user-facing frontend feature changes to entirely new complex backend infrastructure setups.
- You will identify defects by using manual/exploratory, automated and regression testing, as well as by performing data analysis using business intelligence tools. It will then be up to you to determine when new changes are ready to be shipped to our users.
- You will get the chance to learn how to properly create and develop automated tests as you collaborate with our different Software Engineering teams.
- When unforeseen problems arise, delays will be inevitable, so it is essential that you keep all relevant stakeholders up to date on the status of the expected product changes.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Fluency in English – our company language.
- An impeccable eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest mistakes.
- Ability to work in an incredibly diverse, agile and fast-paced environment.
- Being open to change and relishing new challenges: adapting to new processes and structural changes as part of a highly-agile environment.
- Having excellent communication and coordination skills so that any potential misunderstandings are avoided and you’re able to handle stakeholder expectations diplomatically.
- To be a real addition to every team you’re part of: working towards a collective goal rather than striving solely for personal success.
- At least a basic understanding of Web-based technologies e.g: HTML, CSS, JS, JAVA, GIT and APIs (learning on the job is also provided and encouraged).
- A passion for technology and quality!
What we’d love you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, OR having an astute technical understanding of large-scale websites OR previous experience with manual testing and/or automation test case creation.
- Knowledge or hands-on experience in any testing and/or development tools such as Selenium, Appium, Karate API or Postman.
- Any previous experience working as a tester, test engineer, or even in business intelligence would also be a plus.
- Experience in working in an agile-driven environment and familiarity with JIRA software.
This job is not for you, if:
- You prefer to be writing code all day, every day: for us assuring quality isn’t limited to just writing test automation cases, but rather using a range of skills including manual testing, automation, exploratory testing and data analysis.
- You don’t like frequent changes or working in a fast-paced environment! At trivago we frequently challenge the status quo and continuously make changes to improve the processes around the delivery and testing of our high-quality products.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!