As a Senior Software Engineer, you would contribute to, and lead, the day to day work in the project with your architectural, design and implementation skills, by:
* Expanding the system and implementing new features,
* Leading, coaching and mentoring other contributors,
* Participating with other leads to the design and planning of the project activities
* Being a technology partner for our business users
* Supporting the business in the execution of their functions
* Helping translating business requirements into optimal technical solutions
* Fostering constant improvement and modernization of the platform and the project
This role requires a wide variety of capabilities, including:
* Senior-level experience in Python (equivalent experience in Java, C# or similar enterprise-level languages/platforms is also welcome if you look forward to expanding your skillset)
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Coaching and Mentoring skills to help growing the talent and improving the work in the team
* Familiarity with Agile-oriented processes and methodologies
* Expertise in automation, security, and optimization
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Practical experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
* Microservices and Cloud computing
* Database-related programming (both SQL and No-SQL)
* UI/UX expertise (including contemporary JS frameworks, for instance: React and Angular)
* Bigdata tools and platforms
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full-time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm’s vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans