A commercial real estate management and development company in Irvine is looking for a Property Accountant with at least 3 years’ real estate experience to oversee the property and corporate accounting, reporting for corporate multi-entity set of books as well as diversified financial analysis utilizing Yardi software.
- Manage all accounting operations inclusive of A/P, A/R, Payroll, and GL. Ensure quality control over transactions and reporting.
- Cash management, including approving check run, bank reconciliation, bank wire transfer, and positive pay
- Review and process billback and reconcile inter-company balances
- Manage and oversee all financial transaction recording and reporting for real estate portfolio.
- Direct and manage property management accounting, lease administration, CAM, escalations.
- Prepare property cash flow forecasts, financial statements, month-end close, and treasury functions.
- Prepare work papers and oversee to ensure compliance and tax preparation performed by outside accounting firm.
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency in accounting and reporting functions.
- Utilize existing accounting systems to automate processes and reporting where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls.
- Strong communication, presentation, accounting and analytical skills. Working knowledge of Yardi software a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting;
- Strong managerial skills. Commercial real estate and Yardi experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and the accounting requirements of real estate organizations.
- Strong organization, coordination and planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
As a successful and experienced Property Accountant, you must be familiar with analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and obligations to project future revenues, expenses, or to provide advice.
Additional requirements of the Property Accountant role include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4 years of progressively responsible real estate and/or property management accounting experience