MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successfull delivery of construction projects on-time and under budget.
Our client is a General Contractor with strong ties to South Florida Construction mostly focused on healthcare and institutional construction projects.
- Contribute to the strategic planning phase of upcoming projects.
- Review project designs for accuracy, feasibility, and budgeting purposes.
- Facilitate communications between the office and field; oversee daily tasks of field personnel.
- Maintain detailed daily reports and cost monitoring to ensure adherence to deadlines and schedules.
- Report on work progress and budget matters to management and clients, as needed.
- Help problem solve issues and suggest ways to improve projects.
- Organize, file, and maintain all current project documentation; enter information into and manage the digital project databases.
- Establish good working relationships with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies.
- Schedule meetings, phone calls, site visits, etc.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, coordinate inspections.
- Ensure Florida and federal safety and environmental compliance with requirements.
- Participate in bid proposal presentations and other business development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 20+ years experience leading commercial construction projects.
- 5 + years of Healthcare / Institutional Construction Experience
- Prefer ICRA certification
- Strong experience with ProCore or similar software
- Must be safety oriented; OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Certification preferred
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Competitive Base
- Strong bonus structure
- 100% paid healthcare
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
Job Requirements20+ years experience leading commercial construction projects. 5 + years of Healthcare / Institutional Construction Experience (AHCA)Prefer ICRA certificationStrong experience with ProCore or similar softwareMust be safety oriented; OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Certification preferredStrong ability to read drawings and specificationsComputer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office productsStrong written and verbal communication skillsExhibits strong leadership qualitiesStrong decision making/problem solving skillsExcellent time management and organizational skills