Direct Client Requirement
Remote-Atlanta, Nashville, Tampa, Chicago, Glen Mills preferred
Brief description of role:
Leads delivery and provides oversight of high-risk, complex programs/projects, directly affecting the firm’s strategy to meet technology and business requirements. Manages direct reports, provides coaching and performance feedback, participates in annual performance reviews and resource planning, and serves as escalation point for portfolio and program managers.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-risk, complex programs/projects, directly affecting the firm’s strategy to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner/principals/managing directors including global technology directors, channel leads, product owners, shared resource leaders, technical team leads, technical and non-technical teams. Meets regularly with these individuals to obtain feedback, provide recommendations/direction, seek consensus/input, communicate adjustments/changes, and ensure continued alignment with business and organizational needs across assigned programs/projects.
- Works with program/project managers to ensure successful delivery of programs/projects to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Works closely with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary resources throughout the program/project lifecycle and resolves resource availability conflicts across the program.
- Oversees the activities of entire team within assigned program to ensure delivery of timely solutions that are aligned with the organization’s strategy.
- Conducts ongoing examination of the programs for compliance with established processes and executes on necessary actions.
- Maintains oversight and accountability for program performance including creation/review of key delivery metrics.
- Handles escalations on risk/issue management across channels, studios/service areas for projects within assigned programs responsible for providing management direction in these areas and ensuring clear communication, consideration of all factors, generation of solution alternatives, and defined actionable plans that are implemented.
- Delivers regular communications/reports/dashboard to senior leadership and key stakeholders to ensure they are adequately apprised of program and project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
- Maintains credibility and accountability for all project and program deliverables within assigned program.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships within GTS, customer, 3rd party groups, and contractors.
- Breaks down organizational barriers and encourages sharing of ideas across the entire organization.
- Creates an environment in which people take responsibility for achieving results.
- Fosters a culture which is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Forecasts and manages program budget.
- Directs, oversees, develops, coaches, and mentors personnel in assigned program.
- Provides leadership direction to PMs within assigned program throughout project lifecycle.
- Talent management responsibility:
- Coaches/counsels direct reports.
- Provides counseling related to career path to direct reports.
- Guides direct reports in framing up of learning plan.
- Supports skill development of direct reports.
- Participates in performance review and feedback process.
- Helps resolve performance issues for direct reports.
- 12-15 years experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT projects.
- 12-15 years experience utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
- Experience leading a technical organization including budgeting, staffing, communications (internal and external), and prioritizing competing demands.
- Superior people and relationship management skills.
- Experience managing across a matrixed organization to deliver technology solutions and results for functional leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to analyze, understand, and communicate complex ideas across a varied audience
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to take a project/initiative/program from ideation and organize a plan to deliver the final working solution.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Demonstrated ability in developing technical professionals including mentoring, evaluation, handling talent specific issues, training requirements and career counseling.
- Passion and commitment for the organization/team/role.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/IT.
- PMP/Prince 2 certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.
Mail me your resume at [ Link Removed ] , you can also reach me at [ Phone number blocked ] extn 202