Searching for a qualified Project Engineering professional to join a fast paced manufacturing facility in Western NY.
SUMMARY: Direct and coordinate activities of a cross-functional Engineering team for the quotation, design, development, and launch of custom OEM and proprietary products. Assure that projects are completed on time, to budget, and exceed customer expectations.
• Develop and provide professional communications with OEM customers regarding project status, timing, risks and escalation.
• Lead efforts to resolve all technical issues related to design, performance, compliance, manufacturability, and/or quality.
• Analyze and provide technical input to designs, manufacturing methods, validation plans, and component designs. Components typically include injection molded plastic parts, die cast parts, stampings, and machined parts.
• Serve as the primary technical interface for OEM customers as well as internal Sales & Marketing personnel.
• Analyze technology trends and integrate latest technology into the company products in conjunction with the Design group to ensure that the company maintains its competitive advantage and status as the preferred supplier of their products.
• Evaluate and resolve manufacturing and performance issues with Manufacturing and Quality Departments using problem solving and root cause analysis methods to reduce potential NCR’s and field issues, and to avoid customer dissatisfaction.
• Assure that new products are developed and documented in accordance with internal NPI (New Product Introduction) procedures as well as TS16949 requirements.
• Lead efforts to develop product specifications / definitions in conjunction with customers and sales personnel. Direct and coordinate activities of a cross-functional engineering team to complete new product quotations and develop capital budgets.
• Support life cycle management (LCM) review initiatives on all products.
• Assist with Corporate productivity improvement projects and the timely achievement of engineering productivity goals.
• Lead customer visits at facilities and/or customer sites (expected travel up to 25%).
· Frequent analysis of complex facts or conditions to take regular independent action to achieve established goals and objectives.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Plastic Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, etc. Candidates with other technical degrees will be considered based on relevant work experience.
• 5 years Project Engineering, ideally with projects where there is hands on cradle to grave.
• 5 years in Project Management, with PMP certification highly desired.
• Experience working within industry compliance and maintaining compliance with a Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation
• Experience with on site visits to customers / customer facilities
• Ability to travel up to 25% when necessary.
• Additional desired, but not required: New Product Development, New Product Launch, New Product Introduction, ( NPD , NPL , NPI , LCM ) experience, Design for Manufacturing, TS16949, Six Sigma, Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person” which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
SALARY: Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a bonus, competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
staffing.txmq.com | [ Link Removed ]