Requisition ID: 283432
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
How You Will Contribute
- Lead the architecture and design of new features with technical product management, adopting cloud-first concepts and technologies including containerization, serverless architecture, and increased use of NoSQL data stores.
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more)
- Ensure technology decisions align with architecture standards and strategies.
- Write and implement cross-team engineering proposals with or as part of the Area Principals group led by the CTO.
- Design and write services in GO, Kotlin, Java, and deploy using Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and AMI-based pipelines.
- Own cloud services end to end, designing distributed systems, and architecting using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of engineering teams.
A Successful Candidate Should
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering optimal solutions and challenging the status quo. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in an agile environment where teams work together toward a common goal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required.
- 12+ years of professional software engineering architecture experience
- Ability to drive product architecture design and articulate architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
- Ability to write clean and scalable code using Go, Java, Kotlin, NodeJS and other modern programming languages.
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, etc.
- DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with security in mind
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads across different product areas.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to agile teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions.
- Familiarity with common compliance frameworks that impact software development: FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more.
- Extensive knowledge of architecting cloud solutions and AWS Solutions Architect Certification is a preferred
- Displays passion for the customer and for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a relentless commitment to win mixed with personal & corporate integrity
- Must be able to work onsite in Dallas, TX, local candidates preferred
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense and invoice management solutions. We imagine the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications, and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most.
SAP Concur has embarked on a journey to re-imagine how business travelers book travel. In an industry that’s becoming increasingly more complex with suppliers launching new differentiated product bundles and rich merchandising offers, we have an opportunity to completely re-think the end-to-end shop and book experience. We are building our next generation Online Booking Tool from the ground up and in new technologies in order to guide the business traveler to make informed decisions while helping companies meet their objectives around policy compliance and budget control. This is a very big and bold investment, and you’ll join a fast moving and entrepreneurial team within SAP Concur building our future Online Booking Tool.
We’re looking for a Principal Software Architect looking for a new challenge. As part of a new Concur Travel team, you’ll help build the next-generation travel-booking experience across our mobile and web apps, ensuring that Concur’s travel tools meet a high standard of usability and design excellence that supports elegant and simple user experiences. You will get your hands dirty the whole way, working with cross vertical teams using a Mobile & Cloud-first approach, along with Design Thinking to ensure Concur’s Reimagined Business Travel experience is the best in the business.
We’re looking for someone as customer-focused and passionate as we are — about travel, about designing great software, and about having a good time doing it. You are organized, positive, creative, and focused on the user at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. You’re obsessed with detail and love finding new ways to solve users’ problems. Above all, you love to build terrific products.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.