If you had the best CRM tool that powered some of the highest profile Architecture/Engineering (A/E) and Construction firms in America, what would you do? Make it even better! Our team is committed to consistently delivering new features to its suite of products. We work in focused, Agile-based, teams to consistently improve our code base, add new ways of interfacing with the system and have amassed a sizable backlog of interesting technical challenges and product initiatives. We want to enable even greater success within our industry. This is where you come in!
Our team is looking for a Principal Front End Engineer (Tech Lead) to help take our web application and tech stack to the next level. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who is no stranger to building well-designed, performant and effective front end web applications that support complex business rules/flows. You will begin by familiarizing yourself with our web application and tech stack. As you improve in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your front end technology experiences by helping to evaluate and architect the best front end technology to adapt to by working with our existing Tech Lead Guild in addition to adding more features to our product. You will leverage your experience to establish best practices for web development and drive our team and codebase to a higher level.
Our Principal Engineers look not only to help technically lead, collaborate, and develop their career, but are also hungry to assist others in the development of theirs as well. You’ll have the opportunity to set the tone of the platform you’ll be working on.
What You’ll Do
- Help solidify our next gen web app that is deeply rooted in a SAAS-first Angular approach using the Strangler pattern to wrap the existing web app and refactor the most used areas into Angular
- Drive front end architectural decisions (including simplifying the CRUD layer) to develop a maintainable and reliable code base that is efficiently deployable and maintainable in production (multi-tenant, CI/CD and easily debuggable via a log-first approach)
- Work closely with our Team Lead and Development Manager to identify our “North Star” and then flesh out the technical backlog to get us there with a mindful approach
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
- Collaborate with other engineers to build shared services that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our Product Team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in all front end development projects and work together to build high quality solutions
- Present ideas to technical staff and help shape our technical landscape
- Ensure software developed adheres to best practice and quality standards through code and design reviews
Your First 90 Days
In Your First 30 Days
- You will participate in our 2-week immersive to understand our culture, our product and our tech stack – proctored by our Team Lead, Dev Manager, and Agile Coach. This immersive will focus on our effort to introduce Angular into our web application and how to leverage components from multiple other Angular apps we already have in production.
- You’ll work with our Web Team Lead and Tech Leads from other front end teams as well as our API/Platform team to understand our product architecture, standards and development tools.
- You’ll help execute on introducing two (2) new aspects of Angular in our current Angular tech stack by building proof of concepts and present the same to various technical stakeholders.
- You will create a loosely defined North Star with your Team lead and Development Manager and then present (in the form of a Jira backlog of Epics) a front end technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account as well as a gap analysis of what can potentially be done even better.
- You’ll be responsible for taking on development items to get your hands in our current web stack (25% of your time)
In Your First 60 Days
- As a Tech Lead, you’ll work with your team to create and help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work that was identified in the First 30 Days, including the adoption of the newly identified tech for our Q1/Q2 2021 deliverables.
- In partnership with Product Management, you’ll co-create a backlog of work to systematically add new features from which the entire team can pull work items from.
In Your First 90 Days
- You will play an integral part in our UX revamp deliverables.
- You’ll help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from our SDLC process, including monitoring issues in our lower environments and help with issues in our production environments.
- You’ll continuously evolve and uplift our tech stack by continuing to progress our technical roadmap and future deliveries.
- You’ll help mentor and train other engineers on our front end framework.
- You will play a meaningful role in helping hire future members of our growing Product Team.
Who You Are
- You’ve lived and breathed multiple (3+) Angular applications in production across multiple (2+) companies and have the knowledge and battle scars to prove it
- You’ve taken on the daunting task of wrapping a legacy web app (Java, .Net, ColdFusion) in a modern framework and have it coexist and transform areas of that web app at least once
- You’re a passionate advocate of all things SPAs, from UX frameworks to deployment frameworks
- You like to lead tech stacks, not people (i.e., you want autonomy, but also understand and respect the responsibility and discipline needed to be successful)
More About You
We look for engineers that share our passion for building and scaling cutting-edge web apps in a fast-paced, startup environment – one that already has the benefit of thousands of customers and millions of dollars in revenue. You should possess:
- 7+ years experience developing web apps
- 4+ years of Angular (2 or higher)
- 2+ years experience technically leading web or front end application teams
- 2+ years experience in non-front-end technologies (e.g., Java, .Net, Node)
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Ability to work as a contributing team member with a keen eye for enhancing tech stacks
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members remotely
- Catalyst-mindset (i.e., the ability to tangibly see the future and influence the tech stack and other leads that you work with)
- JS Unit Testing
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science
Team Lead vs. Tech Lead
- Team Lead: Leads the Scrum Team (who does what and when) along with the Product Manager, efficiently manages Scrum activities with the support of our Scrum Master and contributes to production-deliverables (code) at least 50% of the time.
- Tech Lead: Leads the tech stack and, along with our Team Lead, coordinates when technical items get done and put into production. Contributes to production-deliverables (code) at least 70% of the time.
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.