It’s time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the World’s Best Workplaces. We currently rank #8 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. This is the ninth consecutive year we have been on the list, and we ranked #11 out of 100!
We aspire to create a place where hard work, humility, honesty, a sense of service and humor are the talk we walk. We are a very diverse group with an amazing set of experiences from bio-tech and high-tech companies. If that doesn’t pique your interest, we’ve got scientists, motorcycle racers, some serious sailors, biking enthusiasts, whiteboard artists, videographers, mountain climbers, parents, triathletes, dog owners, avid runners, skiers and snowboarders.
We combine laughter with intensity and focus. We have fantastic office space in the amazing Redmond-Woodinville Valley, down the street from “Washington Wine Country”. We pay competitively, and offer full benefits to our Team Members.
We are a market leader in emergency medical care, creating lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams. For example, our LIFEPAK brand is widely known by medical professionals in both hospital and pre-hospital emergency care settings. We design and build complex systems such as multiparameter physiological monitors, automated defibrillators, and technologies to assist with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Our internet-based system for moving emergent medical data was helping improve patient care before “cloud” was a computing buzz word. As a team, we thrive on helping emergency responders everywhere save lives and make healthcare better.
What You Will Do
You will architect, design and develop Embedded Software for a leading-edge embedded medical device. This position will require leading the software team and working with a small off-shore team in this senior role and also be hands-on with development.
- You will participate in Concurrent Engineering teams to define workflow, requirements, and design.
- You will gather requirements and evolve problem definitions. You will design and implement infrastructure and software items.
- You will provide work direction to team members to realize embedded implementations using Embedded C and QNX.
- You will design software architecture and modular software components.
- You will define, organize and maintain key technical interfaces.
- You will provide architectural and process oversight of Embedded designs and implementations.
- You will provide input to project schedule and report status against schedule.
- You will mentor and coach senior software engineers.
- You will perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience designing/developing applications required
- C/C++ required
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Strong ability to influence individuals and groups
- Knowledge of good architectural design methodologies and patterns
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Prior experience with embedded devices
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Prior experience with a Real-time Operating System (RTOS)
- Prior experience in Bare Metal Programming
- Experience working on production software teams using an Agile development process.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or Perforce and continuous integration solutions to build, package, analyze and test software
- Experience working in the medical device industry or in other regulated industries.
Other Things to Consider
- Office environment requiring significant time (>75%) using standard office equipment including computer keyboard, monitor and mouse
- May require extended hours during critical project milestones
Why Stryker? “It’s the people.” That’s the answer you’ll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.
Come join our team at Stryker in Redmond!