Want to be a Hero? – Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms!
We are looking for a Principal Database Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Logistics – Optimisation tribe to help us create a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be working with our software and infrastructure engineers in optimising the way our production services handle huge amounts of data generated in the journey that connects our riders and vendors to millions of customers every day. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Work on the existing and upcoming projects in our Optimisation tribe responsible for the last mile delivery of goods.
- Ensure that we build scalable and highly available systems – Logistics processes millions of orders a day worldwide and growing.
- Ensure that we have a performant and efficient data access layer in our apps.
- Spearhead good data engineering practices across multiple teams (leading by example and coaching others).
Your heroic skills:
- Expert RDBMS knowledge (PostgreSQL primarily), you have experience with fine tuning auto-vacuum daemon, you’re no stranger to write-ahead log and know the details about the streaming replication.
- NoSQL knowledge (DynamoDB, Redis).
- Deep knowledge of indexes and their proper utilization.
- Database performance monitoring, query analysis, and fine-tuningExperience with the AWS ecosystem (RDS, DDB, Lambda, CW, EC2, SQS, SNS, Cognito, Kinesis).
- You love to learn and constantly improve your own skills and are not afraid to jump into new things.
- Being pragmatic and understanding what is needed to get things done given the constraints.
- Data caching strategies and their implementation.
- Demonstrating end to end ownership of the feature lifecycle (planning, development, operations).
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
Nice to have
- Mentorship: Capability of successfully transferring knowledge.
- Experience using, fine-tuning and debugging ORM (Hibernate, Active Records)
- Experience in microservices architectures, API-based and event-driven architecture.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room