Express Employment Professionals is hiring a Part-Time Accountant for an opportunity with a small firm in Durham, NC.
As the Accountant, you’d be responsible for Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Payroll and other general areas of accounting.
- Process a high volume of AP/AR invoices and travel and expense reimbursements.
- Review and verify invoices.
- Prepared high quality monthly supporting schedules for General Ledger accounts.
- Support the preparation and distribution of timely, consistent, and accurate management of audit reports.
- Prepare detailed reconciliations of sub ledgers to ledgers and close sub ledgers in adherence to month end procedures and calendar.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts and Bank statements.
- Post month-end journal entries.
- Support month and year end closing processes.
- Print and match check invoices and prepare for mailing.
- Verify and file invoices per maintenance system.
- Prepare monthly sales/use tax reports, AP/AR accruals, and payment registers.
- Administer payroll program. Prepare and distribute payroll reports.
- Compute pay rate changes, such as retro payment calculations, LOAs, special pays, imputed income, and W2 adjustments.
- Record changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance, 401k, and loan payments in master payroll records.
- Respond to and resolve inaccuracies or problems in payroll.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Excel, QuickBooks, and/or other accounting software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to reliably meet timelines.
This is a Part-Time position with a pay rate of $25-$27 per hour. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we want to hear from you!