Hiring 2021 Summer Therapist
Commit to Summer Full Time and receive $800-3,500 Incentives!
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is now hiring our 2021 Summer Therapy group. These OT’s, PT’s, and SLP’s will work full time over the summer to assist with facility coverage. Most vacancies are downtown with potential to work at off site locations. Program starts as early as May 24th and goes through September 11th. Will consider candidates that will start before or after the start of the program.
- Work 5 full weeks (40 hours), earn $800
- Work 10 full weeks (40 hours), earn $2000
- Work 15 full weeks(40 hours), earn $3500
The Occupational Therapist will select appropriate evaluation procedures and directs patient’s participation in selected tasks to restore or maximize independence in daily living skills. Facilitates learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity. Participates in department’s clinical education program.
The Occupational Therapist will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Occupational Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Reports directly to the Therapy Manager, Ability Lab or Therapy Manager, Innovation Center
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
- May include exposure to community, home, work, school and off-site clinic settings.
- Includes Saturday and Sunday rotation work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Performs departmental responsibilities that support efficient delivery of patient care in a timely manner including acceptable attendance, punctuality for patient care and meetings; following Institute and Departmental policies and procedures related to dress code, patient care activities such as infection control and safety, computerized patient care documentation and other information systems; organizing, maintaining and upgrading departmental equipment and facilities. Contributes to departmental goal achievement activities.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills in performing all job tasks including displaying a positive interpersonal approach with patients, family members, visitors and co-workers; facilitating patient participation in the therapy process and collaborating with others and advocating for patients and family to achieve desirable outcomes; negotiating conflicts utilizing proper channels of communication; and utilizing constructive methods of managing stress.
- Evaluates, assesses and plans treatment including orienting patient and significant others to purposes and processes of OT evaluation and treatment; selects and performs evaluations of impairments, disability and handicap appropriate to patient diagnosis, life roles, age development, functional status, medical condition, expected discharge environment and length of stay. Identifies areas in which abilities and impairments affect function; establishing long-and short term goals and a treatment plan of appropriate intensity and duration in conjunction with patient, family and other team members. Demonstrates a competency in understanding the growth and development of infant, child, adolescent and geriatric patients as measured by specific performance standards. Demonstrates the ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met. Seeks assistance and incorporates current references and other expert opinion into the above.
- Implement treatment plans for a full caseload of rehabilitation patients utilizing individual and group treatment and various basic and advanced Occupational Therapy treatment approaches. Includes selecting appropriate treatment activities to achieve desired outcomes, providing these treatments in a competent manner, transferring and positioning patients to achieve optimal outcomes, modifying the treatment plan for optimal outcome, participating in patient care conference to coordinate treatment, educating patient and family. Utilizes current theory and practice concepts in implementing treatment. Assures that the work area and equipment is optimal for carrying out treatment plan.
- Completes written documentation of all patient care activities in a timely manner following department protocols utilizing RICIS and appropriate manual report forms.
- Develop professional skills by defining and completing appropriate Development plans, participating in continuing education and in-service offerings, using written resources to keep current with advancements in the field and seeks out resources with recognized expertise within and outside the Department and Institute to enhance quality of care.
- May supervise affiliated OT students.
- May teach in Department and Education and Training courses.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
To apply for this position, please click “APPLY NOW”
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.