About Field Service Holdings LLC
We are a remarkable company in remarkable times. Our business includes PestRoutes software and Lobster Marketing, together comprising Field Service Holdings. PestRoutes® is a SaaS platform providing end-to-end office management software for field service providers in markets such as pest, pool, and lawn. Lobster Marketing adds market-facing web sites, buy online capability, dashboarding, and digital marketing services. PestRoutes was founded in 2012, and Forbes just named us on their list of “2020 Best Start-up Employers” based on employee enthusiasm, fast-growth, and financial strength. In January 2020, we joined the portfolio of Gryphon Investors and have outstanding financial support.
Development @ PestRoutes
On the PestRoutes software development team, code is released daily to tens of thousands of field service staff around the country (our customers’ service about 4% of homes in America)—the code you write in the morning could be deployed to thousands of users the same day. Our office software runs on a LAMP stack deployed across self-hosted cloud servers running the same codebase, and our app uses React Native with a continuous integration solution for a clean, build-less release process.
There are lots of differently shaped problems to take on at PestRoutes, and we are looking for engineers who like challenges, are good problem solvers, and can build on an existing framework to optimize for scale. Customer growth presents interesting challenges—you can find something that interests you, with the opportunity to pioneer and take ownership of key features while you grow with the company. Whether you’re interested in front-end user experience, mobile app development, query optimization, dev-ops, application security, or something else entirely, you’ll be able to find your place.
We are seeking a Mobile Developer focused on the development of mobile enterprise applications with the ability to work offline.
This position is a Direct-Hire position.
- Implement complex and core functionality within our mobile app related to scheduling, payments, billing, route, internal/external APIs, etc.
- Own our mobile department and find ways to improve existing systems and processes
- Help mentor and coach junior members of our development team
- Work with the latest technologies and tools to solve the oldest problems which affect our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years’ expert level React Native experience
- At least 3 years’ expert level experience with mobile apps that have offline capabilities
- At least a year of experience with iOS and Android native development. We use native code for a few features integrated with React Native app
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing complex and core features into a mature codebase
- Strong knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end service
- Proven ability to track down, solve, and release solutions to bugs and issues
- Experience with version control and deployment strategies
- Experience with Realm or SQLite databases
- High attention to detail and ability to take responsibility for core changes
- Passion for development and high desire to release code