Lean Media is looking for Mid-Senior Software Engineers to add to our growing development team!
We are a small company in the St. Louis area that strives to create and cultivate an environment in which everyone wants to work. We place great value on individuals’ opinions and contributions, but we ultimately succeed – or fail – as a team. Since our founding in late 2014 we have continued on a trajectory of strong growth year after year.
Our software engineering department was established in early 2019 and has been growing steadily ever since. We’re proud to maintain a high-trust culture that values respect, openness, and transparency. Everyone here is dedicated to elevating the team, our products, and the company, but not to the detriment of our lives outside the office.
We’re working primarily in AWS on web-based products involving big data, geospatial, and analytics. Our tech stack is evolving as we meet new technical challenges and determine the right tools for the right jobs. We try to foster a learning culture and we encourage experimentation as we believe that’s the best path to innovation.
Everyone on the team has the chance to influence tech stack, SDLC processes, and more as we continually improve in creating quality, user-centric products. As a part of that team, you can have a significant role in technical decisions and direction. We’re not looking for those who just want to get tasks assigned and checked off a list. You’ll have the chance to make a real impact.
We’ll be excited to welcome you to the team!
Our current infrastructure and tech stack includes:
- Amazon Redshift
- AWS EC2
- AWS S3
- AWS Lambda
- AWS ECS / Docker
You should be familiar with:
- Object-oriented development
- Relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL
- Bonus: Data warehouse systems such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Bonus: Document databases such as MongoDB
- Deploying to AWS infrastructure
- Bonus: IT Ops experience with managing AWS infrastructure, IAM security best practices
- Full-stack web application development
- Front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Back-end frameworks/languages such as Node.js, Laravel, PHP, Python, .NET
- Application containers and containerized deployments
- Bonus: Test- or Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) practices
- Bonus: Service-oriented or event-driven architecture
- Bonus: DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Bonus: Infrastructure as code
We expect you to:
- Possess a high attention to detail
- Be driven to produce quality code
- Contribute ideas and critiques
- Work well within a team that values trust, respect, and openness
- Enjoy sharing knowledge, possibly mentoring junior developers
- Be an excellent, direct communicator
- Be able to effectively self-manage time across multiple responsibilities
- Bonus: Help determine direction and strategies in the development of new products
- Bonus: Be open to leading a small dev team (as we continue to grow our software engineering organization)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participation in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Work with the product owner and team in an agile development process to determine adequate requirements and to help scope, estimate, and plan work
- Full-stack web application development and implementation of user interfaces
- Create and maintain RESTful APIs
- Implement external API integrations
- Contribute to development best practices, such as SOLID principles, unit testing, application monitoring, etc.
- Contribute to QA to determine test plans, fix issues, and participate in the deployment process
- Contribute to SDLC/DevOps standards and best practices