Starr Regional Medical Center
CNA / Nurse Tech / Mental Health Tech – Etowah Campus – GeroPsych –– Full-Time – Day Shift position available.
$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified applicants
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nursing student or completion of a licensed nursing assistant program is preferred.
- Current Tennessee Nurse Aide Certification is preferred.
- One year of recent acute care experience is preferred.
- BLS through American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required within 60 days of hire.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervisor.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.