The Make Ready Assistant provides support and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents. The Make Ready Assistant helps in maintaining the community and assists others in the completion of Market-Ready apartments, exterior maintenance, and common areas of the property.
- Assist in preparation of the market-ready apartments, which may include, but is not limited to, painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, drywall repairs, both vinyl and ceramic tile replacement.
- Assist the staff in various projects as needed, including, but not limited to, the disposal of trash, debris, and snow (of applicable).
- Performs various functions such as exterior light bulb replacement, grounds equipment maintenance and repair, installation and removal of external signage and decorations.
- Maintains grounds, pools/ hot tubs, common areas, and dog park amenities to keep them clean, operational, and safe for our residents.
- Reports any maintenance concerns to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by Cushman & Wakefield.
- Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
- Delivers superior customer service and represents the Cushman & Wakefield brand in a professional manner at all times.
- Dresses per Cushman & Wakefield appearance standards.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months related experience or training
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s license
- EPA 608 – Minimum Type II, preferred
(Scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to this job).
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping, and lifting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions; frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is recommended that the Maintenance Assistant possess the following tools:
- Assorted screwdrivers – Phillips & Flat:
Small & Large
- Razor Knife
- Pliers 6″-8″
- Saw-hacksaw and wood saw
- Adjustable wrench
- Needle nose pliers
- Assorted Nut Drivers
- Wire cutters
- Socket sets
- Wire strippers/crimpers
- Allen wrenches
- Flash light
- Electric Multi-Meter
- 6″ and 24″ levels
- Manifold gauge set
- Tape measure
- Claw Hammer
- Wood chisel
- Cordless drill
- Keyhole saw