The Machine Learning Engineer will be working on machine learning models in near real-time. This involves building scalable, highly performant data pipelines and architecting the underlying platform and doing the actual model development. Do you love to design and develop scalable infrastructure? We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who wants to help our clients deliver optimal and personalized marketing outcomes using machine learning.
Who is Relay42?
Relay42 has grown from a start-up to a champion in data marketing technology in Europe. We help top brands to achieve a 360-degree view of their customers by connecting all data points and personalizing their communication across all channels and devices. Following Series-A investment, we have become a market leader in the Netherlands; and we are now connecting the rest of the world.
Your role as a Machine Learning Engineer is an engineering-heavy role with a focus on platform development, delivering the following:
- The compute infrastructure required to automate training machine learning models
- Automated tracking and evaluation of machine learning models running in production
- The infrastructure to perform online inference using models trained offline
- A workbench for data science that integrates with the production environment
Working on our AI infrastructure (45%)
- Designing, developing, and expanding the machine learning platform infrastructure
- Integrating the platform with existing operations practices in the company
- Ensuring the quality of the platform and predictions through tracking and analytics
- Applying machine learning best practices while developing the platform
Working on model development (45%)
- Model development to facilitate the client use cases
- Align with stakeholders on expectations
Being part of team development (10%)
- Continuously help to improve on team process
- Participate in the feedback loop of our organization both with regards to giving and receiving feedback
- Share knowledge with your team members
What are we looking for:
We’re looking for someone who is fiercely driven and independent. The ideal candidate enjoys tackling problems that involve massive amounts of data. Furthermore, we are looking for a real team player and someone who is able to see the big picture and balance short-term versus long-term outcomes.
- Experience with Spark, Scala, and Python
- At least one-year software engineering experience with a JVM language (Java / Scala)
- Experience with streaming processing technologies
- Knowledge of machine learning best practices
- Basic experience with machine learning model development
- Machine learning and statistical analysis
- Infrastructure and software design and requirement analysis
- Infrastructure automation
- Software engineering
- Big data processing and stream processing
What’s in it for you:
Competitive salary and great benefits. Working with a highly motivated team and last but not least, the opportunity to work in an informal environment with ample opportunities for professional development on projects that impact millions of consumers worldwide.
- Pioneering entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Training, conferences, and personal development opportunities
- A fun, dynamic, and connected community with monthly and quarterly meetings/events & Innovation week
- Communal lunch & Healthy and less healthy snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours and workspace
- Pension scheme