Lead Software Engineer – Capital One Shopping
Within Capital One, the Capital One Shopping Team is focused on changing the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price.We’re a highly-collaborative engineering-focused team made up of makers, designers and founders. Our experiences range from building App Store topping hits to optimizing Google’s search algorithms. We love solving hard problems that have a major impact, and we’re looking for passionate engineers who are ready to hit the ground running on day one.
Our team loves building scalable systems, designing intuitive user interfaces, Natural Language Processing, Machine learning, efficient algorithms and shipping things fast.Who are you:
- You are an experienced full stack engineer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert
- You prefer an intense, energetic environment and working with passionate, top-notch people
- You execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, and performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- You’re on top of new developments in the open source community
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired initiatives and implement application capabilities
- Contribute to the web platform, codebase and developer experience that supportscapitaloneshopping.comand other internal tools
- Shape and continuously improve software engineering practices
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Experience developing cloud native services
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.